Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 09/02/09

09-02-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

I did not get on line because I could not find my tarot cards. I knew where I left them: right by the phone! That was when I discovered just how far a cat can drag a deck of cards when he has a convenient drawstring to pull them by. I now have them back and will be a bit more circumspect about where I leave them. Obviously sitting out on the nightstand is a really bad idea! And then I discovered I had no phone. Yes, he had knocked that off and batted it across the floor, too. Napoleon is a very jealous cat.

Due to Cancer surgery on my forehead, I will off indefinitely until I can heal completely, have at least one more operation to remove more cancer, heal….

Today is the Hungry Ghost Festival in China. This is a time when your ancestors arrive at your home, ready for dinner. A feast is laid out for the ancestors to appease them. Now, the Taoists believe these are the ghost of people who died hungry and unhappy and they leave food for them, chant and pray to ward them off. In Rome, they were offered beans by the Patriarch of the family. These ghosts are said to feed off human emotion and are also represented in various metaphysical traditions, the last incarnation being ‘attachments’. So, leave a little food out today. At the very least you will make some wild thing very happy.




According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is brown and the incense is honeysuckle.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Hierophant: intuition. Sacrifice may be necessary if you are to move on with your life. Everyone wants a piece of you and if you don’t deliver, your detractors are ready to publicize your failures. You are going to have to endure, be patient and forgive people today. Look for deeper meanings and look for what motivates the people who are trying to pull you down.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, your night ended with you getting what you had sown and I hope it was pleasant, but it was most definitely a harbinger of the day to come. By afternoon, news of finances and expansion is good and it arrives electronically. Tonight some old wounds are healed as you shed the old skin of your psyche and move forward. Then some minor road block appear but they are more like mosquitoes buzzing you than anything really serious. Enjoy your day and be productive.
Full Moon on Friday at 12:03 PM EDT!

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say you are really not getting any kind of a vacation today so you might as well get to work.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is Big Cat. “You’re full of awesome power. Anything is possible.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for Losgunna with her little froggy feet. She is the Frog Queen and I love my frogs! She rules both above and below the waters as frogs are amphibians. However, the waters of the Fae are human emotions, so she leads us on a voyage of self discovery and a the greatest adventure of all: knowing yourself. Explore the territory you live in. You might just discover something miraculous today.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 2 and the Element is Metal. The Dragon finds conflict today but the Sheep and Monkey have ease. Today is an auspicious day for writing, gambling and births but NOT for construction.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “In order to create abundance and to fulfill my Soul’s deepest desires, I now let go of any hostility, criticism, resentment, or irritation toward myself and toward others. I choose to fill every moment of my life with joy, detachment, humour and love. I celebrate my life.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.


COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

What a rain storm we had here. The front yard was flooded and the water was lapping at the front step. Goddess am I glad the builder placed my house way above the street and put that step in. From the scream next door, my neighbor was not as lucky. Then again, this was the builder’s house! I never realized it but I have the most secure roof you can put on a house down here. I call it a pagoda, but there is a technical name for it. It is four equal sloping sides. The head raises to the peak and is removed via an attic fan. It also makes it impossible to lift in high winds. No matter which direction the wind blows from, it hits a flat slope going up. Anyway, the cats and I are dry and safe.
Next Wednesday is a very special day: 09-09-09. The number nine is a number of completion and endings. It is ruled by Mars so the energy can vary from emotional to warlike. When you add the year 2000 into the equation you get 11 which is a master number and it is the number of the humanitarianism. This is the beginning of a new era of spiritual humanitarianism. It is no coincidence that the astrological aspects of the day include a trine to the Sun as the only easy aspect. This is a day to work on yourself. End the things that are not working, Venus (socially), Jupiter (financially) and Chiron (wounds from the past). You will know exactly what because the first aspect of the day is to Pallas, and she always brings you the reward of what you have sown, good or bad. This day also occurs during the waning Moon, which is when we shed things and a time of completion. Mark it on your calendar, gather a black candle to burn to absorb all the negativity you are getting out of your life and psyche, smudge your home and renew all wards. You might want to start cleaning house now in preparation, I mean that literally with the broom and disinfectant.

No comments: