Thursday, December 31, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 01/01/10

01-01-10
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


According to Llewellyn’s Magical Almanac, today’s color is coral and the incense is Yarrow. It is the 3rd Quarter of the waning Moon.

Happy New Year.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Star: revelation. Make meditation your number one resolution because all the energies are about to bring wealth and abundance this year, but the power to manifest them is lacking because water is lacking the yearly Chinese chart. Water manifests. Dedicate some time to meditation each day so your creativity can come to the surface and answers can manifest from the ether.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
Make some quiet time today to commune with nature and your own spirit.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Catharsis: “Enjoy the freedom that comes with release.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
The Faery Godmother is about, so make that list of resolutions because she will grant one of them.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 3 and the Element is Metal. The Snake finds conflict today but the Dog and Boar have a good day. Today is not a good day for gambling or beginning any construction.


Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I stop taking myself so seriously. I let go of my feelings of self-importance and of all the dramas in my life. Through simplicity, humor, laughter and play, I rediscover the joy, lightness and magic of life.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

Today’s Dragon Fae from their Oracle by Lucy Cavendish is Wu-Wang, the Dragon Fae Lord. He tells us that if we are innocent and good, he will appear before us and we can reclaim our wild, pure heart. His energy is cannot be tamed, like Golden Tiger whose year this is. Welcome him through spontaneous acts of dance, music, song and creativity.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

Do you have the desire for a garden but no room? Love those salad greens but starting them from seed just doesn’t work for you. Here is a sure fire technique to regenerate your existing veggie tray. Yes, I said regenerate. Let’s start with lettuce. Just about any loose leaf form of lettuce will regrow from the base. I have a kitchen that is getting full of my favorite lettuce. George did not believe it would work until the bottom of the plant in a yogurt cup with some water started putting out leaves. Now he is watching them and has even given them dirt cups. The triple pack of lettuce I bought is all potted. Two are rooted and putting out leaves and the third one just went into a pot tonight with its companions. I love my scallions. I lop the bottom roots off and replant them. George didn’t think they would grow either and was dancing around the kitchen proudly displaying a single sprout. They take longer than the lettuce even though they have workable roots. Mine will all go outside into a container garden but they will grow indoors just as well with good light.
Now where did I get this idea. I bought a package of seeds and it said to sow every week for a continuous harvest. We never did that in the kitchen garden on the farm. All season we harvested the outer leaves and left the plant growing. So, I just restarted the plants. However, they have hybridized and ruined many plants. I remember my first experience with bush beans. Suddenly one day these little bushes, they were so short they didn’t deserve the name, were loaded with ripe beans and I had to pick the entire garden. Then the plant died and I went, “WHAT?????” I was used to the plant continuing to grow up to about two or three feet and continuously produce beans but automation made that impractical. They snatch the whole plant out of the ground and spin the bean pods off in a factory. They even have plants that hold all the beans above them for easy harvesting! The only thing they haven’t been able to mess with, yet, is pole beans.
It is the growing season in South Florida, for those whoa re wondering what on earth I am doing in a garden outdoors. It is finally cool enough to grow food own here so I am getting busy with my containers.
What does the year hold for us? The answer is a lot of work. The spring and water elements are missing from the Chinese chart although it is a money chart. It is going to be hard to get things started and hard to manifest, but those who stay at it, will reap large rewards in the future. This is definitely a year that when you get stuck meditate, get a reading or find a mentor or do all three. The energy is there and super high but totally untamed. All you can do is ride the wave but first you have to catch it.
Today is very important as the start of the New Year. The most widespread custom is reading your New Year’s resolutions. In the South, eating Ham and black eyed peas with cornbread is pretty universal for good luck. The local Druid, will be having her ham, black eyed peas and cornbread. Pig is the sacred meat of the Druid. I am even having sausage gravy on a biscuit for breakfast.
My grandmother was a great believer that what ever you did on this day would propagate through the entire day and set the tone for your year. So, even though my uncles were heavy into the Moon, I mean really hard cider the night before, everyone was drug out of bed early for breakfast and work. By afternoon the big meal was in the oven and we could relax and play some games. Then after the big meal, the photo albums came out and we were all treated to seeing our ancestors. Then everyone went home to enjoy their families.
As for me, the cats will be recovering from their catnip and I will be working on some things to get the year started right. My only resolution is to be healthy this year because last year really sucked in that area.

No comments: