Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 12/10/09

12-10-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit




According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is turquoise and the incense is balsam.



FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Aeon: realization. A fresh new inner energy comes to the surface. Clarity allows you to focus on things that have eluded you. You can see the other person’s pint of view. Study interactions. This new energy you have found is here to stay.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2009 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
Energy is finally on the up swing and we are going to be able to get a lot done for the next week. The morning may start with arguments but it settles down by afternoon and things get much, much better.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
It is hard to stand your ground today, but you must.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Seacat: “Expand your horizons and your limitation will disappear.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
The Pook is about. Oh, the Pook looks so sweet. Take a second look at those narrow eyes and little pouting mouth. Ignore the tattered wings, he probably got them that way doing something nasty. Don’t like that look? He’s got more. The Pook appears in whatever guise will confuse you the most. He loves to confuse, to show the good in the bad and the bad in the good. The latter is his favorite. He doesn’t create these paradoxes, he just shines them up and throws them in front of us and then skitters off, laughing himself silly. You will get a burst of insight, but probably a lot of cussing yourself out first. Best avoid that. He can create a paradox out of it!

Today’s Lo Shu Number is and the Element is

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “My difficulties, disappointment or apparent defeat are only signs indicating that my success is near. I use them to move forward and develop all my qualities. My final success will be even greater than I imagine.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

The turkey coma is receding. The cats are awakening. Things are breaking. That is the cycle of life. It has been almost two weeks since Thanksgiving and Rusty has finally found the open counter area I took the little toaster over off. I haven’t been using it for months since I got the big one. The big one doesn’t cook well but at least the food fits in it. Rusty is not too bright but he is one tough kitty. He has survived things that would have killed lesser cats. But he sure knew when his reflexes were slowing and being a feral was becoming a death sentence. He crawled in my lap outside and surrendered to the house, neutering and all it entailed for two safe meals a day. He may be a little slow but he isn’t stupid.
Last night Napoleon really beat his sister Purdy von Sweets up. They managed to get where I couldn’t get to them and he whacked her good. Finally emerged triumphant only to discover I do not tolerate that kind of behavior. He went totally limp on the way out of the room sure I would let him go. No dice. I put him in the scratching log, made him look me in the eyes and mine were not loving about then, and just stared at him. He blinked first because he knew he was in the wrong. He spent the night on something hard in the living room. This morning he slinked into the bedroom and I let him have his yogurt with me, but he has been on his best behavior all day. He needed a 10 hour nap to get over it. Poor little Purdy curled up in my arms and purred all night. She was really shaken. I don’t know what the argument was over, but it is settled. Mommy wins. Mommy always wins.
I had a big salad with some shrimp in it for dinner. I have discovered I am buried in email. I am going to have to just stop using one email address because it has been discovered by the Nigerian and 15 other country scam artists. I gave up on going back any distance in Facebook because if it doesn’t throw me out to someone’s page I get the message it isn’t working. I try to read something, the page jumps and I have to find it again. Thus, I am no longer even trying to keep up. It is too frustrating. I don’t think I am the only one. By the time they actually fix it, someone else will have taken their place.
What happened to customer service? Is it extinct? I tried to get a technical question answered by a service I work for. The reply was that they were sorry their operator was unable to answer my question would I like to try another operator. I AM the operator. I think that was a not so subtle hint I should fix it myself which eventually I did. However, I will be watching for my check just in case they think I owe them for working for them.
Doesn’t any one just take responsibility for their actions? All I hear are excuses and a lot of people who are even willing to put them in people’s mouths. Oh, she’s having a bad day. Me, too, but I still have manners. There is no excuse for bad behavior. I for one intend to walk out and not come back. I am seriously considering not shopping at one store because what ever is going on, the clerks are always unhappy and surly. You know what, when I worked retail that attitude would have gotten me fired. I don’t care if the boss had just reamed me out, a smile had better be plastered on my face when I hit the floor or I hit the door. In a world where 500 people are applying for one job, a lot of people are going to be learning that lesson. Your personal problems and business problems are gone when you put on that badge and head for your station. You don’t get paid to bitch and whine. You get paid to work. So, get over yourself. The rest of us really don’t care you are having a bad hair day. We just want to get through the line with a minimum of pain and suffering. We have jobs to do and bills to pay. Plaster a smile on your face and check me out. It gets easier with practice. Trust me. I could probably torture you while smiling sweetly it is so second nature at my age. Oops, sorry about the spilled blood, would you like some more pain with that? Have a nice day and come back and visit us soon. Yup, I could do it easily. I have worked a 10 hour shift to get a present for my mother in high heels (not wedges, not platforms, real 5 inch heels) with blisters on the bottoms and backs of my feet, in real hose (no pantyhose), girdle, long line bra, linen skirt and cotton blouse (neither of which could have a wrinkle in them on the floor; there was an iron in lounge.) and belt, standing at a register (not leaning or touching anything: you would be fired) that was slightly below shoulder level so you couldn’t slouch using it. Oh and no water bottle allowed at the register. You didn’t drink or eat until the break. And don’t forget the smile.. So, quit your bitching! And you’d better not show up with a bad hair day or you went home on your time until you met standards. No pants, we called them slacks, on the job and no flats; you wore heels. And you had better be clean, properly made up and well groomed. Male clerks wore a tie, white long sleeved shirts with cuff links, dark slacks, dress socks and black shoes..no sneakers, boys, and their hair was measured for length before they were allowed on the floor. And that dearies was the 60’s and 70’s. Oh yes, there were clubs to go to, more drugs than you have ever seen and plenty of stuff to do, but I had car insurance payments, money to give my family, college to pay for and books to buy. I went home and soaked my feet for an hour because I could barely stand up after work. So go to work and kiss your boss. It could be a lot worse.

No comments: