Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 12/23/09

12-23-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

Our Yule Tree is up on the shop CAM. The cats are trying to kill it. Fortunately, it is artificial.


According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is topaz and the incense is lilac.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Knight of Wands: affiliation. Seek help today from one who will defend you.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2009 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
Ego energies in the morning hours create a lot of hurt feelings and bickering occurs. You will hear good news from elders or authorities in the afternoon. Sentimentality rules the evening and people are a little weepy.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
You can achieve family harmony today if you try.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Cataholic: “Curb your excesses. Everything in moderation.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
G. Hobyah is the monster under the bed, in the closet and generally anywhere you fear. He is a Hobgoblin. He scares the daylights out of you. However, he is really just a tiny little thing, like more fears. Once you take them out and examine in the daylight, they are really nothing.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 3 and the Element is Water. The Monkey finds conflict today but the Rat has ease. Today is an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedures, writing, gambling and births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “In order to create abundance and to fulfill my Soul’s deepest desires, I now let go of any hostility, criticism, resentment, or irritation toward myself and toward others. I choose to fill every moment of my life with joy, detachment, humour and love. I celebrate my life.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

There is nothing quite a suicidal as cooking fish for dinner in a house full of cats.

I have been facing the prospect of going deaf for some time now. At first I was a bit distraught knowing I would never hear the birds sing or my cats purr. Then I got hearing aides and discovered I hadn’t been hearing the birds for some time. Now, my hearing has worsened and I once again face that deadline looming ahead. I suck at lip reading and even if I managed to learn sign language, who else knows it? So I wondered how I would communicate and carry on a conversation with people. I can always feel my cats purr though I will miss Napoleon and Boogaboo’s singing. Music left my life a while ago when I lost large chunks in the range I can hear. It is more of an irritating cacophony now.
So, I thought about all the aspects for a while and I concluded I should look at why we talk. Put simply, it is to get an opinion across. Very few people are actually able to do anything about anything in my world and those that are, have no intention of doing anything, so what’s the point of talking? I have discovered in the past few days I can get by very easily on: yes, maybe, probably, and have a nice day. You just randomly mix them up and no one really notices. So, my resolution for the New Year is to simply stop talking about things. It is a waste of my time and other people’s. Life will be much easier if I just shut up.

No comments: