Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 12/03/09

12-03-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is green and the incense is
Nutmeg.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Arch Priestess: dissolution. New ideas bring you a fresh start. Many things pass from your life but none of them really bring you sadness. It is time.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2009 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
Moon enters Cancer at 11:01 AM EST.
You are going to be surprised at who finds you attractive this holiday season.
The morning starts with arguments and some hurt feelings. Trying to make changes for the holiday has elders in an uproar this afternoon, leading to a really bad mood at a social event. By the end of the afternoon, you are ready to throw in the towel and take a cruise to the Bahamas.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
It is time to awaken your true self. Get away from everything and meditate a little today.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Top Cat: “You’re on a winning streak.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
The Laume is the leader of a troupe of Fae that specialize in unconditional giving and receiving. If you feeling blocked, get out of the house and help out somewhere. The answers will come to you.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 6 and the Element is Water. Today the Rat finds conflict but the Rooster (George) has ease.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “The Divine Love of my Higher Self now flows through me in every situation of my life. The more I express this love, the more it returns to me.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

I’ve been watching this party crashing thing although I really would rather not. Here you have two attention hogs that seems to owe everyone in the country money jeopardizing national security by crashing the White House party and the excuse is: my phone battery was dead so I couldn’t check to see if I had an invitation. My phone battery was dead but I didn’t even ask myself if I had an invitation. Now the question is whether the wife, prominently wearing her little gold cross (If any Christians want to rip it off her neck, I will applaud you doing it!), will get on a reality TV show which apparently was the goal all along.
Am I the only person who is going to say, “Enough is enough.” You do not reward bad behavior and this was really, really bad behavior. It is time to turn the stupid reality TV off and get a real life folks! Anyway, reality…who are they kidding? Apparently, a lot of you! That stuff is scripted, edited and in no way resembles reality. Come on…just look at the plus 8 crap. How many of you ladies out there look anything like that at the end of the day with one kid and a husband? Heck, I don’t look like that with the cats and they don’t have opposable thumbs! Stranded on an island??? Sure…how are they running those cameras and the sound system? They require electricity. Let’s get back to reality, your families and the simple fact that you aren’t getting the million dollar record deal, a TV show or any of that. Instead, you get a loving family if you work at it, a comfortable home and the ability to look at yourself in the mirror. It may just be me, but I would rather have that than all the fame and money in Universe.
I did drop into Lowes after the doctor to find some bee food. That was when I realized I had no idea on this planet what plants bees like. I know about butterflies and hummingbirds, but zilch about bees except for clover. I was pretty sure no one has clover since it doesn’t really grow down here. So I am wandering aimlessly when I see of all things, a honey bee! So I went over to the tray of flowers and sort of asked her what she liked, Well, it turns out begonias and Mexican Heather are the favorites, followed by snapdragons but they weren’t open and really expensive. So I got a tray of begonias, a Mexican Heather, some veggies and a Mexican sage which I hope will rebloom. I put the tray of begonias on the washing machine and my bees are buzzing around trying to decide whether to try the pollen. Just what I always wanted, finicky bees to go with my finicky cats.
While I was waiting for the doctor I read an article in one of the news magazines on dogs and intelligence. This surprised me. One of the marks of intelligence in animals is the ability of a dog to discern what you are pointing at and go to it. The article said only dogs do this. Really? Napoleon and most of my cats will follow the line I point at to find food and other things! Anyway, it turns out monkeys and apes are no good at it. So the question was why. This ties into what I have been talking about since the beginning of December and it’s funny how all these coincidences pop up together. The answer is socialization verse aggression. Monkeys and apes are so competitive and aggressive that they lack the ability to pay attention to hand and facial gestures. They are too busy getting theirs! Doesn’t that just sound like some people you know? Dogs on the other hand, were genetically selected to pay attention to humans. How? When the first wolves approached the human camps and found leftover food, the ones that didn’t snarl or run away, got the most leftovers. After a while, groups began following the humans for garbage. The ones that alerted the humans to predators or were the friendliest, got more food and thus, they selectively bred themselves into domestic animals.
The Russians have done controlled breeding experiments with foxes, selectively breeding the ones that don’t shy away from humans and after twenty seven generations, the foxes come up to you and wag their tails like dogs.
What does that mean for humans? I remember many years ago a man came into a group I was with and started arguing for a cause. After a while, we all agreed with him and quieted down and he continued arguing, switching sides. That was when he finally saw us looking at him like he was crazy. He asked what was wrong and I explained, we had all agreed with him and now he was arguing against himself. I have seldom seen someone look so confused. Now I realize that this person was unable to recognize the subtle gestures in the group indicating we were agreeing so he just kept trying to fight and provoke us.
One of the hallmarks of a psychopath is the inability to recognize facial gestures and hence not knowing when they are hurting people. A sociopath will mimic the gestures of the people around them but have no real understanding of what they mean. So, returning to the beginning of this commentary, these two people are completely unable to tell that no one around them is believing anything they are saying, though most of us watching them on TV can tell that by watching the audience. They actually think because everyone is looking at them, they are being adored when everyone is really thinking what a couple A**es they are. Mother was right. The only to deal with these people is to ignore them. Book them, lock them up and forget them.
Now, wolves lack the ability that dogs have to follow where you are pointing because they are an aggressive animal even though they live in a pack and hunt as a pack. Their focus is once again, getting theirs, me first. However, wolves do not trump man in a hunt because man is able to communicate subtly to the rest of his group and trap the wolf. Early on, mankind started breeding out the psychopaths and sociopaths because they simply did not contribute to the survival of the species. As an animal, we are pink, weak and slow with dull teeth. Either we learned to cooperate or we became prey. Survival of the group required a group effort, not a lone wolf. So, when are we going to wake up and discover we still need each other to survive? I saw something on TV the other night. Every plant, bacteria, animal and living creature on earth serves a defined purpose except man. Yes, the planet can go on without us but not plankton. Those little, tiny creatures could topple the whole planet. We could disappear tomorrow and not cause a ripple. Do we exist because we are the only species with ability to save the planet? Think about it.

No comments: