Friday, December 11, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 12/12/09

12-12-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

Hanukkah Begins


According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Indigo and the incense is Sage.



FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Three of Pentacles: foundation. It is time to update, modernize and focus on new things.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2009 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
Change and communications are in effect today. Since it is fairly aspect free, you can really get a lot one today.


Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
Creative expression is not favored today. Just work on the mundane.


Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Democat: “Stand up for what you believe in.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
This may be confusing. It is the undressing of the salad. What the card shows is a large number of Fae trying to balance balls which they are doing a great job of. However, in order to pick up another ball, one of the balls will have to be dropped. This troupe may seem amusing but they are trying to tell you that you have too many balls in the air. It is the natural order of the Universe that some things must pass away for new ones to emerge.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 6 and the Element is Metal. The Rooster finds conflict today. This is NOT an auspicious day for haircuts, writing, gambling, construction or births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I recognize the Divine Self in each and everyone. I let go of all judgment. I am receptive to the highest and best in all. I love and acknowledge everyone as the expression of the Divine Will on earth.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

Well, it has happened. I have been trying to get on the internet all day along with millions of other people. Unfortunately, there just isn’t enough room. Everyone is blaming the web sites but the bottom line is that there are more people than space. Even if you have cable, at the company it goes to a phone line. The same is true with satellite. They all connect to the phone lines at some point, even your cell phones. With everyone trying to shop on the net for the holidays, very few are actually getting through. So don’t blame the poor web sites. They are trying as hard as they can to switch servers and stay up, they just plain can’t.
It has not been one of my better days. Purdy von Sweets got me out of bed at 6:45 AM EST. She meowed. She kneaded. She sang. She slapped me. She nudged me. She proved she could annoy a human with the best of them. I got up. Things were going well until I stepped in front of a fan and picked 5 cat hairs out of my eye and assorted stuff. Finally I had to lay down with eyes closed until it stopped hurting. I fell asleep and I do not nap well. I woke up feeling awful.
It was better than yesterday when I woke up with a full visual effect migraine in progress. Normally I just feel like someone is sticking a knife in my eye and my stomach is in full rebellion. This time, the world went Picasso. I am not kidding. I think I now know how he came up with his painting style. I would have panicked but I remembered from my book on the visual effects of migraines that this happens to people, rarely, but it happens. I managed to find a square with a circle in it in the corner of my visual field and realized it was the bottle of migraine pills in their box. I got two down, laid down and waited for it to pass. Nothing in this house happens without some feline intervention. Remember I said migraines come with nausea. Well, Napoleon picked that very moment to use the kitty pan and guys, he can beat you nose down. I managed to hold onto what wasn’t in my stomach and was really glad I had no late night snacks until the electric kitty pan cycled. Of course it sounded like a bull dozer on steroids and I am practically deaf, except during a migraine. Then the pills kicked in and life went back to semi normal.
Tonight we had not the turkey according to the cats. Yes, they have two meals now: turkey and not the turkey. However, there were no complaints about the BJ’s chicken. They also enjoyed the mashed potatoes and the Heinz turkey gravy. My cats are equal opportunity eaters. They eat anything. They love that gravy!
Mr. B came in today and he has never meowed or said anything. He began talking. He has quite the vocal range. He was carrying on a conversation. Since he has never talked before, I had no idea what he was saying. Then, he got up in the window and sang. Yes, he sang. He has a nice baritone voice it turns out. He finished his performance, came over and laid on my lap, chin up for his reward. This is a new side of him.
I have been picking Flame up and inspecting her feet. From the amount of stuff she knocks over, her feet have got to be as big as mine. Last night she took the little 3 drawer chest and a shoe box down. I have no idea how as they are flat on the table. Then a wave of destruction followed her to the door. Funny, they look small.
The good news is the carved Mango wood boxes shipped today. The chest has moved in with me. I swear it is snuggling up to me. Well, the other two shipped yesterday so I can afford to pinch one. I have not been able to put anything up on the web. I am scared to death I will take the page down and not be able to get it back up and lose all my work. Heck, it took me six tries to get my cakes out of the oven in Yoville. I was literally taking one out, losing the connection and going back in to get the next one. I am never getting enough coins to buy my UFO at this rate! I can’t even send email! Fortunately the incredimail program I use to pick the email up is very quick and it snatches it every time I manage a connection. However, sending is its second priority so that is not going well. Tomorrow is another day and maybe everyone will get off the net. I actually got a lot done until 9:30 AM when it went south.
Today’s award for finally doing something goes to the 9 month pregnant woman driving down the road who stopped and pulled some teenage thugs off the cop they were beating up while all those nice strong men just stood around watched. They didn’t even try to help her. Nice going guys. In a similar situation, use your car. It is a couple of tons of metal and people will move. Get the passenger side door next to the victim so they can crawl in and you can drive off. Folks, if anyone tries to get into your car or grab you through the window, hit the gas. If they reach through the window, hold onto them and hit the gas. At the very least you will dislocate their shoulder and that hurts like Hades. Even if you hit something, you can throw it in reverse and get out of there. Don’t be afraid to hurt them because they sure aren’t going to be afraid to hurt you. Down here, the police are visiting schools and teaching kids that if anyone tries to grab them, to bite, kick and scream. The days of being passive over. They are not going to leave you alone or alive. More than one child has been saved from rape or worse since the change in policy. Pretty much anywhere you live down here, you are pretty much in a war zone. You are going to have to learn to live in one. The fact that a grandmother locked the car with her little grandson and her purse in it while she went through the house to lock the doors, probably saved all their lives today. She couldn’t get the front door lock to work so she decided to lock it from the inside and go out the back. Thank the Goddess she had the forethought to lock the kid and her purse in the car and then go through the house and come around. She was being stalked by some men waiting for the chance to attack. They couldn’t get in the car and she was facing them, so they ran back to their waiting car. If her back had been to them while she fiddled with the lock at the door, they would have probably hit her in the head and grabbed her purse. Be aware of your surroundings. I sure am. I don’t cross the street to my mail box until I have noted every car, especially the parked ones. I calculate how fast I can move verses them and if the equation is not in my favor, I go back in the house. I know I have a stalker, but it could just as easily be someone looking to break in my house while I am walking across the street or abduct me. I hate living this way but the alternative is not living and I’ve spent enough time in the operating room this year!

No comments: