Sunday, December 6, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 12/07/09

12-07-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit
Holiday Insanity

The Bitwit met me at the shop door with kisses a plenty.




According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is gray and the incense is Clary Sage.



FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Six of Cups: felicity. It‘s take a little vacation day, but remain open to possibilities and opportunities. Settle disagreements and compromise .

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2009 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
The Moon enters Virgo at 2:05 PM EST.
For a couple of days you will be hearing about changes being made from authorities and elders and some of it will really surprise you. Things will not change as much as needed. News of limitations on cultural events will arrive.
For about a month, there is a surge in income for things computer, electronic and new.
Tonight, make careful and conservative plans to change things.

`
Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
A miracle healing is possible today. Be open to it.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Catalyst: “The time is right. Start something new today.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
The Singer Connection is about today reminding us we are connected to each other and all things. Spread some joy to others.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 2 and the Element is Fire. The Dragon finds conflict today but the Sheep and Monkey have a great day. Today is an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedures, writing and births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “This is period of divine accomplishment for me. Closed doors are now opening before me. Everything I undertake leads to success in accordance with the highest possibilities of my destiny.
I celebrate the abundance and the kindness of the Universe.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

No, this isn’t about being trapped, endlessly circling the parking lot trying to make it to a sale. I gave up doing anything resembling that years ago because I HATE TO SHOP! There it is, in all capitals. I HATE SHOPPING. If I could order my food line, it would be delivered tomorrow. Shopping is just not fun for me. I like to look at things but I do not like to shop.
However, as one person put it: Let the Christmas war begin! I wonder if these poor beleaguered “Christians” know the rest of us are just working on our decorations, sending out our holiday greetings and planning our parties and every once in a while looking at them with pity? We have no massive organized and coordinated plan to make them extinct and take away Christmas. We don’t even have a plan for Yule dinner. We tend to be a disorganized lot.
Read this article: http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20091206/COLUMNISTS02/912060307
I always like it when someone tells the Universe what is really being preached.
Now, let me give you a strategy session in war. Yup, that happens to be something I am good at and well trained in. “The enemy of my enemy is my friend.” That quote is touted heavily to forge alliances in this religious war. The problem is that isn’t the quote. Let’s try; the enemy of my enemy is my ally. It is a subtle but important difference. In war, the real strategy is; The enemy of my enemy is my temporary ally because I will probably have to kill them in an hour or two. No illusions there. You don’t disarm, get in bed and throw a party because the guy who was shooting at you just bombed the other guy who was shooting at you, too. Sooner or later, he will bomb you. There is no possible way extreme Catholics are compatible with extreme Fundies because of that little issue of Saints and praying to them. It’s called idolatry. Nor are either compatible with extreme Judaism because of that little issue of Graven Images…So when they all get into bed together, expect a lot of blood, eventually. The simple truth is, extremists of any variety are not compatible with anyone.
There are some wonderful, not so new, products out there. Hating to shop often makes me years behind. I bought a little three drawer organizer when I got Vanwitch her big rolling one. The reason has to do with my pill bottles, nail things and general stuff that likes to accumulate on the night stand and in the drawer. Both locations offer two guarantees: I will not be able to find what I need and the cat will take things. Now everything is neatly organized into pills, grooming and miscellaneous writing stuff like pencils, post its and so forth. Not only that, but it is geostable unlike the shoes boxes which just provided a land surfing opportunity for the cats. Anyway, that is my happy for the today!
I do like to review products honestly. I bought some of the new Loreal Mascara with that strange little round spiky brush. First off, open it in the bathroom. You will be covered in mascara from uncapping the bottle which has something like a perfume dipper in it for some arcane reason and will smear two of your fingers if you are super careful. If you aren’t, you may be showering it off. Then you have to put the brush in the tube. Once that is achieved, you can move on application. I may have done it wrong because I was in a hurry and didn’t read the directions. Yes, I who always read directions, failed. However, it was nothing new or special and it wasn’t easy to get used to, so you want to allow extra time on this one. I will give it a proper try sooner or later. Now as to the mascara, it is not clump proof. I succeeded in clumping it at one point and had to use my finger nails to get it out of my lashes. However, unlike the previous Halloween fiasco with the yet unnamed variety that I think is nuclear war proof…I had raccoon eyes for a week…water didn’t dent it…soap didn’t dent it…melt down cream had no effect and the old stand by Pond’s cold cream didn’t dent it…I can see the advertisement: Nuclear war…your body may disintegrate but your lashes will still be there…long, thick and beautiful! Anyway, it came off easily with soap and water (I use a super mild soap, too.) and there is not a speck of it anywhere near my eyes today. That in itself will guarantee I buy some more of it. It also didn’t irritate my eyes and I only lost one lash as opposed to the five or six I normally lose when I apply mascara. So it is a winner.
Napoleon just noticed the shoe box is gone, the stand is cleaned up and a strange new three drawer organizer is there. Immediately he started pulling all the papers and bills out trying to find the missing pieces. Then he saw the drawers and now he is a snit. You can’t move anything in this room with upsetting that cat. He is such an old man and barely two years old at that. He even washes the Microwits so they don’t contaminate his space.
I have slept twelve hours, not consecutively, but in pieces….hey I even got up and did the forecast early this morning around one or two! Now that I have had a little coffee, I am almost human. I am daylight challenged or nocturnal by nature. It takes coffee to open my eyes in the daytime. I am a diurnal zombie. Seriously, I do not completely awaken until the sun goes down no matter how much sleep I get. I am still fuzzy around the edges and I know I had enough sleep.. I also like blood…Hummmm….maybe I am a vampire.
Anyway, it was a good show. I can support George’s lunch habit for a month and the cats will eat for a week. Life is good. However, it is going to take some time to build up my endurance again. Four hours totally wiped me out. When I fall asleep at 9 PM, I have either never been to bed or am seriously tired.
Some of you on Facebook saw the picture of the pentagram chest I got in to sell. Luckily I bought more than one because it grows on you. I WAS NOT going to keep one for myself. I had two decks of Tarot cards in it, my silk and my velveteen reading’s cloths and something else for the show figuring out how to put a handle on it and planning to rub some gold leaf into the pentagram to accent it. Yup, it grows on you.
One of the turkeys is out of the oven. I put it in a cooking bag this time. The meat fell off the bone it was so tender. It is cooling for the cats. First the humans took some and Napoleon once again set about proving he can eat his weight in turkey.

No comments: