Monday, December 28, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 12/29/09

12-29-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
Beets, Insurance Companies and the New Age Economy

By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is white and the incense is ginger.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Page of Wands: equivocation. Ambiguity requires tremendous patience to decipher.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2009 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
For the next couple of weeks, social events are going to have be scaled back. Hey, we used to bang on pots on New Years because no one could afford fireworks. By midnight, no one knows what brand of champagne you are serving.
The morning starts out irritatingly. Don’t let it spoil your day because it is really aspect free after that and you will see a steady improvement. Just be careful of road rage in AM.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
It may seem like dreams are not coming true, but they are just taking a detour today.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Catkin: “Think about the positive qualities you’ve inherited from your family.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
The Maiden may look like a child, but she is ancient. She asks us to be open to things. She brings new beginnings and new growth. Keep your eyes open for opportunity.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 9 and the Element is Earth. The Tiger finds conflict today but the Dragon and Snake have ease. Today is an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedures, writing, construction and births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “There is no time to lose. I step into action now with energy and determination.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

I keep forgetting that emotional energy uses up sugar. I have learned the lesson that psychic work will drop my sugar fast. Anyway, today was the day of arguing with stupid people. First off, the hospital tried to get me to pay full retail for tests they did on George and I without submitting to them to the insurance company by shipping the two accounts off to a collection agency without even billing me once! Turns out they are the collection agency but the collection agency arm can’t bill insurance companies so I told them they could either submit it to insurance or stuff it in a dark place.
Argument two is with the insurance company that administrates George’s IRS medical fund. They are trying to claim my blood pressure medicine isn’t medicine and thus they over paid the mail order pharmacy, which they own, and so they are canceling the IRS medical fund credit card I need to pay doctors and pharmacies with. I have been taking the same medicine for 7 years! Is there an employment agency named: Stupid People for Hire or is this just a ploy to get more money out of people and cancel needed services? I spend about an hour a month fighting with the insurance company over really stupid crap like this. They are PO’d because I have reached my maximum out of pocket expenses for the year with the two operations and now they have to pay. Gee, I’ll try to not get cancer next year….The hospital is PO’d because they signed a contract with the insurance company to provide tests at a discount rate. I am in the middle. What is really crappy about this when you think about it is; the people they are screwing with are sick. You really don’t need this stress when you are sick. I used to be really nice and sweet when I was sick. Now I am getting really mean.
Anyway, trying to imagine flowering fields full of bunnies and unicorns apparently neither lowered my blood pressure nor stopped the drain on my blood sugar. So, when George came home all ready to get the water and veggies, I grabbed the letters to the above named a/holes and ran out the door without much thought. By the time I got home from the water machine, PO and Western Meats, I was shaking like a leaf in a wind storm. It was good thing I had bought a tray of brown beans, pork and rice for two dollars at Western Meats, I think it is Columbian style, because I was in no shape to cook and I think slicing veggies would have been suicide! Anyway, George has now learned the joy of pork, beans and rice and the cats are all trying to speak Spanish. My arteries are slamming shut and I am flashing back to my youth. Western Meats is doing really well if the number of people in there buying is any indicator.
I had to go on the web to find out how to cook beet greens because I got one humongous bunch of beets with the greens attached. Turns out you cook them like spinach. They are also higher in sodium that other greens so you avoid adding salt until after you do a taste test. They also said if you bake the roots, the sugar content remains higher and just about anyone will eat them. Yummy! I think I will bake the huge one and boil the two little ones, pickle them and then use the juice to pickle boiled eggs. I haven’t done that in a while. It takes a couple of months to pickle the eggs, but goddess are they good!!!!!
Then came the dose of reality in the mail. I got my professional metaphysical magazine that all the suppliers of goods advertise in. Advertising is pretty much the whole magazine. It was less than half the size it was last year and I barely recognized most of the advertisers. What that means is if you have a product you really love, stock up because suppliers are going out of business fast and retailers are also on the endangered list. The good news is that the Salamander is not in danger because of the number one fact, we own, not rent. I also have never taken out loans like other more mainstream stores did. Actually, your Wiccan stores are doing better and surviving better than the other metaphysical stores because most of us started with nothing and we still have most it. No, really, we almost all started out of our living rooms, learned how to make our products, learned to build our displays, went mail order to start with, trudged to shows and bought what we could afford because no one would loan us money. Now that philosophy is serving us well. Most of the Wiccan stores own their locations because no one would rent to us. George bought the building after two shopping centers flat refused to rent to us. We also enjoy community support that the other more general stores simply do not get. We are religious supply houses. That is what is keeping many of us afloat and has really kept me alive this year when I was ready to give up. Thanks everyone for your support.

No comments: