Sunday, December 27, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 12/28/09

12-28-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit




According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is silver and the incense is rosemary.



FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Star: revelation. This is an excellent day to learn meditation. Allowing thoughts to surface will bring revelations.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2009 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
The Moon enters Gemini at 8:13 PM EST.
You may find yourself jangled out of beds by the phone or computer instead of the alarm. News is breaking and people are talking. (Do not call me! I am not a morning person.) Unfortunately, all you old aches and pains will be bothering you and you just may not have desired reaction to declarations of love. Around lunch, things get fuzzy, so if placing orders check them carefully.
The afternoon is not good for making money and the evening brings a lot of frustration with things that are stuck.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
Your sense of self reliance is on empty today and you are feeling dependent.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Caterpillar: “Slow down. Take time to focus on the small stuff.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
Ilbe the Retriever is here! You just can’t stay mad at him even though he just smeared invisible jell on your keys. You see, Ilbe is head of the office of lost things: objects, dreams and projects. Whenever he senses the time is right to bring them out and start work, he sends you a message. It is his delivery that sucks. He hides your things and under them, he places the message because he just knows you will find them in the last place you look.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 8 and the Element is Fire. The Ox finds conflict today. Today is NOT an auspicious day for haircuts but it IS for medical procedures, writing and births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “Patience and serenity are now filling my mind and my heart. I trust the Divine Wisdom which is at the source of everything. I stay calm and peaceful. I love, respect and accept everyone and everything around me as an expression of the perfection of the Universe.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

Ah, the mix up in gifting! George bought one of those shoes racks for the cats to sleep in and on. I bought a little rolling kitchen island to prepare food on. His was a great idea. Mine was better as I have a postage stamp kitchen, the little island is about a foot in diameter with two leaves that fold up, a basket for onions or potatoes and two shelves. Now for reality. Josephina rolls around on the shoe rack but no one sleeps on it. The basket I had planned to fill with my onions is full of Rusty J. Hoover (at least he is the right color) and one shelf has been claimed by Bat the Cat. I think I get the top but probably not the other shelf. Again we see the wide gap between theory and practice.
Now that Monday is on the way, I think I am getting better. Why do we always get these things on the holiday? I think I can sum up the answer in one statement: if you are sick, stay home! Don’t infect the rest of us and ruin our holiday. When I grew up in the Dark Ages, no one would have even thought of leaving the house with a cold or flu. You took responsibility for your illness and didn’t say, the Hell with the rest of you, I’m having a good time. There are people out there, like me, you can easily kill with that attitude. So don’t laugh if you see me running around wearing a mask and carrying disinfectant wipes. It is my only protection from the selfish jackasses running around out there.
I learned something last night you should know. As the cashier was ringing up a gallon of milk, suddenly milk was everywhere. We couldn’t see a leak until I finally saw the split in the handle. She had picked up to run it over the scanner and leaned it back so the weight was on the handle and it split wide open. Don’t do that. The new super degradable plastics are weak, which is a shame because I used to get at least two seasons of tomatoes out of one of those cartons and then some plant labels.
Boogaboo has come into his own. He runs up, jumps in my lap, flops onto his back and starts purring. “Pet me, now!” I have to stop and pet him.
Poor Napoleon had quite a night. First I was cleaning up aquariums on Fish World and one woman had a music track of whales singing. He went nuts! I mean, he was beside himself not knowing whether to be afraid or to kill something. Then when we settled into bed, my shoulder was bothering me and I was tossing and turning when I heard an annoying whine normally only emitted by small children and husbands from next to me. I had to turn over and settle down.

No comments: