Friday, December 18, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 12/19/09

12-19-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

Ah the Yuletide guilt……I can’t even enjoy a little glass of eggnog without knowing my doctor is going to lecture me.


According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Gray and the incense is Sandalwood.

Tonight Hanukkah ends.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Seven of Cups: delusion. Don’t judge a book by its cover can work both ways. A pretty façade can cover corruption within. If you reach for the stars you had better have a good foundation or you will fall flat on your face. Trust in your own abilities and not those of others. You may have fallen in with the wrong crowd.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2009 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
Don’t forget the Solstice in on Monday.
The Moon enters Aquarius at 5:39 AM EST. The bad news is old flames show up. The good news is you really don’t care. The hurt has healed. You might even survive your family. Just keep the playful teasing to minimum if you want to avoid hurt feelings.
The Morning brings gift but they have strings attached. This afternoon the solution to problems seems obvious so act on your ideas.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
Be honest with yourself.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
When the Cat’s Away: “Enjoy your freedom.”


Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
Ffaff the Ffooter is running around. In the summer, we seldom fear old Ffaff. To wear sandals, we take pretty good care of our feet, but come winter…oh boy. The boots cover a multitude of sins and Ffaff waits till night and sneaks under the covers and checks our ragged nails and bedraggled cuticles. I just wish he would wash his hands because next thing you know, you’ve got the itchies between the toesies. Or, he picks up both feet at once and you land on your lower posterior getting a puzzled look from Ffaff as you curse him. He can fly, you can’t.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 8 and the Element is Earth. The Dragon finds conflict today. Today is NOT an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedures, writing, gambling, construction or births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I now choose to communicate freely and openly everything that needs to be said. I free my mind from all limiting thoughts and I am now at peace with myself and with others. I no longer worry about what other people think. I know that I am loved and totally supported by the Universe.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

Although parts of South Florida were flooded, we are high and hence just soggy. One thing I did when we first moved in and it flooded horribly was rent a tiller. Yup, I had George till the swale and we have never had a flooding problem since. My poor lettuce is beaten down but I bet it is enjoying the cool temps. My basil looked like someone had shot it. The vines were all hanging down or on the ground. Things generally looked beat up. Amid all the destruction, my Cineraria’s (Mother-in-law’s tongue) delicate little blooms perfumed the evening air. Plants will survive even if we don’t.
I didn’t realize when I got older and got out of bed I was going to sound like a breakfast cereal…snap….crackle….pop….
It seems the Copenhagen greenhouse effects conference is not going so well. We have refused to give any really large pledge and thus China claims emerging nation status. How exactly does one of the oldest civilizations do that with a straight face?
Anyway, I was thinking, again. When I would take a break at the shop I used to watch the CAMS. I would see the same cars going in and out of the neighborhood 10 or more times a days. I had an ex-friend who ran the 10,000 mile warranty out on her car the first month and only one less than 2,000 mile trip was in that. One day I absolutely refused to get in the car with her and go anywhere. I was just plain tired of the constant running around. She was “bored”. How much gas and greenhouse emissions could we save and reduce if we just planned our trips? I have been waiting all week to go to JoAnn’s Fabrics until I could justify it with a trip the pet store, Home Depot and maybe Costco. It makes a nice circle. I buy in bulk so I won’t have to run to the store. Any trip to get water includes Western Meats (they share a parking lot) and maybe BJ’s. Some days I never leave the house. There is nothing I can’t wait on until I have a bigger trip, more stops and more things to get. I don’t order delivery, I will pick up if it is on the way home. Target is grouped with Michaels and Dollar Store on the same corners. All my trips are designed for efficiency. Even with the trip way up in Boca for the event, I have barely used a half a tank of gas at this point and Vanwitch barely gets 9 MPG on the city streets. Yet, I have plenty of everything I need. You want to help the planet? Plan, folks, plan…..
Every once in a while someone, usually a Republican, can’t figure out why people are in such a mess. Well, and I didn’t know this, many people took telecommuting jobs with companies that were in states other than the ones they lived in. Since they had avoided the “independent contractor” trap, they thought they had benefits. Then they got laid off and tried to collect unemployment compensation. Well, the state they live in says, “NO!” and bounces them to the state the company is located in which then bounces them back and they are feeling like a ping pong ball. Some people laid off months ago are just now getting one of the states to accept the ball and pay them. Then there were the people who fell into the independent contractor trap not realizing that all that extra money from paying your own taxes wasn’t extra. First off, you get to pay all your taxes at a higher rate at least quarterly in advance. Secondly, you do not qualify for unemployment compensation. Those people really got screwed over because they didn’t understand the rules. Lastly, whereas I hear of people in other states renegotiating their home loans at rate of 3.5%, less than I originally got my mortgage some 40 years ago, in Florida, all you hear is foreclosure. We have a Republican governor and heavy local Republican government in SOFL who refused to play ball with Washington. They were all screaming Obama was to generous with Fidel Castro. The real reason is though people are losing their homes right and left, those with money are buying them left and right because property in Florida will always sell, eventually. Meanwhile, everyone below the upper 6 % with all the money get screwed. And lastly, it doesn’t matter what kind of credit you have, the credit card companies are screwing you over. Most interest rates are 28% or more. At 25%, in four years you have not only paid off the original debt but paid it double. At 33%, you pay it double in three years. Most of you have been paying on the debt for at least 5 years. You paid the original amount off years ago. Every payment you make now is pure profit for the credit card companies and always remember, they charge the merchant at least 3% for every transaction or 3 cents on every dollar you charge right up front. So in reality at 28% interest, they are really making at least 31% or 31 cents on every dollar they loan you the first year and 28 cents every year there after. Wouldn’t you like a job that paid like that? I know I would. I can’t wait for the day they want my business back….cackle…cackle…guess where you can put your credit card and I‘ll even help you out with it???? This week’s cancelled account will be with Roaman’s with whom I have had an account for over 10 years. Why? They are going to charge me 1.00 a month to send me a bill and they actually think I am going to pay it. Silly boys.

No comments: